Sunday, March 18, 2012

Desire To Achieve...

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."


This piece wasn't an original idea. I was just really eager to try it out. I have seen pictures EVERYWHERE of people doing this. So I wanted to go ahead and give it a shot. I love color and simplicity. So this project was really fun to mess with. I want to take the idea of doing this and turn into something original. Using this as inspiration got me in my crazy brainstorming mode. I'm so anxious to start new projects. I already started!! I am officially now in my crayon phase. Hahaha. Can't wait to show you all everything I'm going to be doing. I'll probably post another piece by the end of the week. :)


All it took was a 64 pack of crayola crayons, some glue, a canvas, and a blow dryer. You glue the crayons down and blow dry over it until it starts melting. You just lean the canvas upright so the colors can drip down the canvas on its own. I went over the crayon a couple times to get a the look that I wanted. But it only took like twenty minutes. I am so happy for how it turned out.




I like how it looks upside down better. I just think it gives it a little different kind of feel when looking at the piece. Hope you guys like it. Let me know what you think. I really want to hear critiques, ideas, and whether you like it or dislike. Art is subjective...so I promise not to get offended by your opinion.

1 comment:

  1. You promise to get offended by our opinion?? Lol error... It looks amazing!! Snaps for Robin (:

    ReplyDelete