Saturday, February 4, 2012

One Lil Girl's Craziness...

"One man's craziness is another person's reality."  -Tim Burton


So I have a journal that I draw and doodle in every now and then. One day I was helping my sister Nia by watching my nieces Elina and Talanoa. While I was watching Talanoa, I had forgotten that I left my journal out and look over to see Elina dragging a pen across one of the pages. I was going to B-Flip!! I grabbed her and saw all the scribbles she made and tried to see if I could do something to get rid of them. But then I figured, its already ruined, why stop her? So she kept drawing.


Later that day I looked at the same little scribble marks and decided to make something out of it. I think Elina and I did pretty good considering that she didn't know what she was doing. Hahaha. But what I did was watercolor yellow over the page. Then I thickened each scribble that was made with pen. I decided to do flowers because that is what I saw when I looked at the scribbles again. An extra line here, a little watercolor there, and me and Elina had made our first picture together. Aren't you just so proud of her?! I know I am!! Uncle loves you babygirl. :)


A Beautified Mess by Elina Samani and Me

2 comments: