Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Remaining An Artist...

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once the child grows up." -Pablo Picasso

My childhood artistic problem: Not being able to draw hands. I have no idea why, but I just felt like I was cursed. They were never good enough.

So I practiced. I would grab random scratch papers and just start drawing my hands. Although I still feel uncomfortable drawing hands, I think I've definitely improved because I was determined enough not to believe that I couldn't.

This was just a doodle I did with sharpies (yellow, orange, red, and purple). I just wanted to see if I could still semi-draw a good decent looking hand even if I haven't for a long time.
But I think I did what I needed to remain an artist even after growing up. The answer: Practice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment